Books available on Amazon

The Australian Brave Heart

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Poem for Rodney


I woke up this morning with a poem running through my heart for my beloved.
I've been married to this amazing man for more than 30 years now.
This is for you Rodney:

Like a long playing record that I know so well; a song that I’ve played over and over again. The tune is so familiar yet so very, very precious
Like a kite flying high, so wild and so free - you mesmerize me

Like a freshly baked waffle oozing with honey - so sweet you are to me
Like a chocolate doughnut with brightly colored sprinkles on top - joy of my heart

Playful and kind, wonderful and true
Tenderest of moments I’ve spent with you
King of my heart; my champion you are
Spark to the fire; the flame of my heart
Wonderful companion, dearest of friends
I love you

1 comment: